Happiness and a Fulfilling Life
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I [Jesus Christ] have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."1
Jose Addison said that the “three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
These ideas certainly are a great start, but to discover lasting happiness and have a fulfilling life I would suggest having and achieving the following:
- A noble God-given life purpose for which to believe in and live for—a purpose that is far bigger than yourself;
- A worthy cause into which you can put your best efforts;
- A worthwhile goal and the employment of all your powers for the achievement of that goal;
- The resolution of impaired relationships—forgiving any and all who have ever hurt you and obtaining forgiveness for any and all you may have hurt;
- The resolution of all super-charged repressed negative emotions;
- Loving relationships, and most important of all;
- A loving relationship with God through Jesus Christ—knowing that your sins are forgiven with the promised hope of eternal life in Heaven with God at the end of life’s journey.*
*For further help read “How to Be Sure You’re a Real Christian” at: http://tinyurl.com/real-christian.
1. John 10:10 (NIV).
All articles on this website are written by
Richard (Dick) Innes unless otherwise stated.